Washington University Emergency Medicine Leadership in Emergency Medicine Diversity Scholarship (WUEM LEaD)
We are excited to accept applications to Washington University’s Leadership in Emergency Medicine Diversity Scholarship. We are proud to continue our partnership with the Washington University School of Medicine’s Office of Diversity Programs in this venture. We are strongly committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and cultural sensitivity within our department and believe that doing so is critical to executing our mission of providing exemplary health care to all who are in need with efficiency and compassion. We seek all individuals who can bring their diverse experience not only to our program but to our patients and community as well. Examples of these types of diversity would include but are certainly not limited to: historically underrepresented groups in medicine, those who may be socio-economically, or educationally disadvantaged, and any others whose backgrounds and experiences would bring the diversity described above.
- Scholarship recipients will be reimbursed up to $2000 for travel, housing and other living expenses as well as the Visiting Student Elective application fee of $100
- Applicants will receive guidance and mentorship from our fantastic faculty, to help applicants excel during their fourth year clerkships and ultimately be successful in the match.
- Applicants will rotate through our busy urban tertiary care hospital and help care for our complex patient population. Applicants will be exposed to a wide variety of pathology. Our group also includes a wide variety of experts in Administration, Critical Care, Disaster Medicine, EMS, Geriatric, Global Health, Health Policy and Advocacy, Immunology/Infectious Disease, Medical Education, Neurology, Patient Safety, Pediatrics, Research, Simulation, Toxicology, Translational Medicine, Ultrasound and Violence Prevention/Community Outreach.
How to Apply:
Individuals interested in applying should email the following documentation to the Office of Diversity Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Washington University School of Medicine’s Visiting Medical Student Program Application and accompanying forms
- ODP VEP Supplemental Application and required forms
All applicants must email Ernesto Romo, MD at EM-DEI@email.wustl.edu informing him of your interest. You may also contact Dr. Romo, if you are interested in learning more about the WUEM LEaD Scholarship.
For further details, check us out online at sites.wustl.edu. In addition, you can see what the faculty and residents that you will be working with have been up to at our news section. Finally, for more information on our School of Medicine’s diversity initiatives take a look at Washington University School of Medicine Office of Diversity Programs website.