Department of Pathology URIM Program
Pathology is a fascinating medical field, with many opportunities and a number of different career paths within the many branches of diagnostic medicine. Unfortunately, medical students are often times not familiar with this interesting and evolving specialty. And this is even more true for medical students underrepresented in medicine. As a result, increasing diversity has been a challenge in pathology, and the field is at a disadvantage of not counting on the much broader perspectives that a diverse team may bring.
With that in mind, the Department of Pathology and Immunology at WUSM invites medical students from underrepresented in medicine backgrounds to join our department for a rotation and discover our specialty. In an effort to stimulate this initiative, an award will be given to selected applicants, including stipends to facilitate their rotation.
During the rotation, the invited student will have experiences in Anatomical pathology and Clinical pathology, interact with our residents and faculty and receive dedicated mentorship. Our goal is to bring URiM medical students to pathology, and pathology to them.
- Please apply through our online application system at fellowships.path.wustl.edu
- Letter of Support from a teacher or mentor
- Two-page, double-spaced narrative indicating interest in the program, specifically your reasons for applying and what you expect to take away from the experience
- Nidia Messias, MD, Associate Professor of Pathology & Immunology and Program Director, email@example.com
- Justavian D. Tillman, Ed.D, Education Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org