Visiting Medical Students
Visiting Student Opportunities
Washington University School of Medicine offers several programs that provide funding and networking opportunities to visiting fourth year medical students from diverse backgrounds. These programs enhance the exposure of students considering careers in academic medicine to the Washington University Medical Center, while promoting cultural diversity on the medical school campus. Students who are members of groups underrepresented or inadequately supported in medical training or who are socioeconomically disadvantaged are strongly encouraged to apply. Program support for participants includes a stipend to help offset the cost of travel, housing, fees, and other eligible expenses.
Washington University currently offers the following programs:
- Department of Neurosurgery Diversity Sub-Internship Program
- Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Externship Program
- Department of Otolaryngology URiM Sub-Internship Program
- Department of Pathology URIM Program
- Department of Radiation Oncology Diversity & Inclusion Clerkship Opportunity for Underrepresented Medical Students (D.I.C.O.M.S.)
- Department of Radiology Diversity Sub-Internship Program
- Department of Surgery Diversity Sub-Internship Program
- Office of Diversity Programs Visiting Elective Program
- Washington University Emergency Medicine Leadership in Emergency Medicine Diversity Scholarship (WUEM LEaD)
Please note that there is a separate application process for each program.