University of California, Davis – Diversity Medical Student Visiting Clerkship in Cultural Psychiatry/Mental Health Equity
Deadline: April 26, 2019
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at University of California, Davis is pleased to invite fourth year medical students from groups underrepresented in medicine who are planning careers in psychiatry to participate in a 4-week acting internship rotation. Students must have an interest in cultural psychiatry and/or mental health equity.
Participating Medical Students will receive:
- Up to $2000 reimbursement for travel/housing
- Faculty and resident mentorship from experts in cultural psychiatry and psychiatric education
- Opportunities to interact with residents and faculty in the Department and Health System
Eligible Medical Students must:
- Be in good academic standing at an LCME accredited medical school
- Self-identify as belonging to a racial/ethnic minority group traditionally underrepresented in psychiatry (as defined by the AAMC)
- Have an anticipated medical school graduation date of Spring 2020
For more information and to apply, click here.