Join the School of Medicine’s Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and BJC HealthCare Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for a discussion of Black Excellence: Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)!
This session will begin with a presentation about the history of HBCUs, busting myths/biases, and their significant contributions to our society, and specifically, health care. A panel discussion including our own HBCU graduates, moderated by Sherree A. Wilson, PhD, WUSM Associate Vice Chancellor and Associate Dean of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. The program will end with a brief Q&A.
- Joyce (Joy) Balls-Berry, PhD, WUSM Associate Professor of Neurology and Core Leader Health Disparities and Equity Core – HBCU: Xavier University of Louisiana
- Tracey Hermanstyne, PhD, WUSM Instructor, Department of Medicine and Developmental Biology and Co-Director, Initiative to Maximize Student Diversity – HBCU: Howard University
- Julian Magee, PT, DPT, ATC, WUSM Assistant Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy & Orthopedic Surgery – HBCU: Alabama State University
- Steven Player, PharmD, MBA, CDM, BJC Vice President, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – HBCU: Xavier University of Louisiana College of Pharmacy
- Winston Wright, MPH, BJC Program Manager, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – HBCU: Fisk University and Morehouse School of Medicine
To register to attend, please visit the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’s event page.