Zucker School of Medicine – Visiting Elective for Students Underrepresented in Psychiatry
Deadline: June 15, 2021
The Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell (ZSOM) and Northwell Health Zucker Hillside Hospital (ZHH) are pleased to announce the 2021 Zucker Visiting Elective for Students Underrepresented in Psychiatry (Z-VESUP).
ZHH is committed to fostering an inclusive learning community where our residents develop into outstanding clinicians, educators, researchers, and leaders who will promote health and address health disparities at the local, national, and global levels. This visiting elective offers talented medical students from groups underrepresented in psychiatry a clinical experience in our academic department and free-standing psychiatric hospital serving Queens and Long Island. In 2021, the elective will be offered as either in-person or virtual, based on applicant preference and availability.
- Scholars will be embedded in a team of faculty and residents working on an inpatient (in-person), partial hospitalization (virtual), or consultation-liaison (in-person or virtual) service.
- Weekly experiences in ambulatory or emergency psychiatry and any subspecialties (e.g., college, peripartum, geriatric, CAP, substance, ECT, etc.), based on scholar interest and availability
- Departmental grand rounds, residency didactics, and special topic workshops
- Scholars will be invited to meet with the RISE committee (dismantling Racial Injustice and promoting Systemic Equity) of residents and faculty advisors, for social and networking activities
- Stipend of $2000 may be available for in-person scholars
For more information, please see below.