Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine – Visiting Student Program
Deadline: See flyer for more information
Medical students are encouraged to apply to the Western Michigan University Homer
Stryker M.D. School of Medicine Underrepresented in Medicine Visiting Elective
Scholarship Program that supports fourth-year medical school experiences. The
program is designed to increase awareness of opportunities for residency training at the
medical school and encourage students from diverse backgrounds to apply to our
- Housing is offered (subject to availability). The maximum accommodation is 12
students per rotation. Housing fills up fast so it is advisable to submit your
completed application as soon as possible for the elective you are requesting!
- In addition, the program provides a scholarship of $1,000 per student to cover
the cost of transportation, food, and additional expenses.
Mentoring and Networking Opportunities
- Assignment of a faculty mentor in the student’s area of possible interest for the
duration of elective.
- Meeting with the program director, faculty, and residents in the program.
- Meeting with other medical students with an invitation to student group
meetings and events.
- Attending educational events.
- Access to student resources including the library and medical school wellness
activities as scheduled.
For more information, please click here.