Stanford University- Stanford Clinical Opportunity for Residency Experience Program in Ophthalmology
Deadline: Visit site for more information
The Stanford Department of Ophthalmology invites you to apply to the SCORE (Stanford Clinical Opportunity for Residency Experience) Program. This program provides a $2000 stipend, dedicated mentorship, and free housing (which can otherwise be a challenge in the San Francisco Bay Area) to underrepresented in medicine (URiM), economically, educationally, or socially disadvantaged medical students and others whose backgrounds and experiences would diversify their clinical fields. This program is also available for a number of other medical specialties at Stanford.
- SCORE brings fourth-year medical students from diverse backgrounds to Stanford for a four-week residential clinical training program at Stanford Hospitals & Clinics or Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital.
- SCORE students will be matched with faculty and resident mentors who share similar clinical interests
- The students will participate in mentorship activities with a clinical advisor, as well as clinical rotations, programs, and activities with Stanford medical students
- If desired, participants may also be connected with a research advisor
- The choice of subspecialty elective will be made in conjunction with the department, depending on availability of that elective and the completion of required application information
For more information and to apply, click here.