Loyola Medicine – Internal Medicine Visiting Student Diversity Elective
Deadline: May 1, 2019
Loyola’s Internal Medicine program is now accepting applications for the 2019 Visiting Student Diversity Elective at Loyola University Medical Center. This elective is an inpatient consult rotation experience designed specifically for visiting 4th year medical students who come from a background considered to be under-represented in medicine.
- Cardiology Consults
- Infectious Disease Consults
- Renal Consults
- Rheumatology Consults
- Endocrinology Consults
- Pulmonary Consults
- GI Consults
This elective is designed to showcase our residency program and the opportunities available in academic medicine to students from backgrounds that are considered under-represented in medicine. The core of this experience will be a 4 week consult rotation in one of the specialties indicated above, which includes rounding with faculty, fellows, residents, and students at our university-based, tertiary care, academic medical center located just outside of Chicago. You will also attend educational conferences and receive rotation-specific education while you are here.
- Rotations will take place July – November, based on availability
- Program open to M4 students in good standing at LCME-accredited US medical schools
- Stipend of $500 offered to off-set cost of travel and lodging
- To apply, first complete the online application and if accepted, you will need to complete a VSAS application
- Applications will be reviewed by the IM Diversity and Inclusion Subcommittee and accepted students will be notified directly
- The rotation fee ($125) will be waived for participants of this program
For more information, please click here.