Health Equity Visiting Clerkship-University of Michigan
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until all available slots are filled
Michigan Medicine is pleased to welcome eligible students to apply to the Health Equity Visiting Clerkship!
The Health Equity Visiting Clerkship is a 4-week clerkship sponsored by Michigan Medicine’s Office for Health Equity and Inclusion (OHEI).
The aim of this program is to promote the ongoing development of medical students with an interest in health equity and inclusion work. OHEI leads efforts, advises on best practices and coordinates initiatives to enhance inclusion, increase diversity and promote equity across the institution for our patients, staff, faculty and learners.
All 4th year medical students in good standing at an accredited U.S. medical school who demonstrate a commitment to health equity are eligible. Please note that students can apply during their 3rd or 4th year of medical school.
- July, August and September are preferred. For specific dates and the application, please visit our website.
- The Medical School Electives Catalog will be available on their website on February 28th, 2018
- VSLO (VSAS) will begin accepting applications on March 16th, 2018
- Deadline: Applications accepted until slots are filled.
- Award Amount: $1,500
- Awards Notification: Awardees will be notified on a rolling basis.
- Funding Process: OHEI and other departments.
- Housing and accommodations are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
- Application: Students must apply to both VSLO (formerly VSAS) and OHEI, and be accepted by both to receive the funding.
- Students will attend clinical responsibilities in their assigned department and attend health equity workshops in OHEI. Please note that the time commitment to the health equity portion of the clerkship is approximately two hours a week (away from the clinical responsibilities).
- Please contact Dr. Marcia Perry (Visiting Clerkship Director) email@example.com or 734 764-8185.