Cooper University Health Care – Visiting Elective Scholars Program
Deadline: June 14, 2021
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Cooper University Health Care is excited to offer the Visiting Elective Scholars Program for students from Underrepresented in Medicine backgrounds. This program offers fourth year medical students who are underrepresented in medicine the opportunity to explore our residency program.
The program includes:
- 4 week rotation during the following time periods:
- August 2 – Aug 27, 2021
- August 30 – September 24, 2021
- September 27 – October 22, 2021
- $1,000 scholarship for reimbursement towards travel and living expenses during the rotation
- Exposure to a diverse female patient population and pathology spanning the southern half of New Jersey and surrounding area
- Opportunities to attend workshops hosted by the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Office of Diversity & Inclusion
- Attend all Cooper ObGyn departmental educational opportunities (didactics, grand rounds, journal club)
- Each student will be assigned a faculty and resident mentor to provide assistance during the rotation and career guidance
For more information and to apply, click here.